Neon Oblivion is a first-person movement platformer with puzzle solving elements. Play as a hero attempting to undo the corruption spread by the Vaporwave Wizard, a sinister being aiming to recreate the world as vaporwave. Swing and dash through the Wizard's Castle, a vaporwave space riddled with weirdness and death traps, in attempt to stop the Vaporwave Wizard from permanently changing the world around you.
Lead Programmer - Team of 20
• Lead 8 programmers remotely:
- Organized weekly meetings and individual meetings.
- Divided up and managed tasks amongst programmers.
- Maintained deadlines.
- Facilitated communication between programmers.
- Communicated programming progress, suggestions, and roadblocks to the producer and the discipline leads (Design, Art, Audio, User Experience, and Narrative).
- Managed GitHub branches, merge requests, and organization across the entire team.
- Maintained an active bug list.
• Programmed core gameplay systems:
- Joint-based swinging
- Level progression
• Programmed core level mechanics:
- Grappling points & Platforms
- Fire obstacles
- Buttons and Doors
• Programmed game feel mechanics:
- Coyote falling off platforms
- Death cycle
- Various particle systems
• Unity and C#
Notable DisplaysNeon Oblivion was played by thousands at FUSE 2021, a yearly interactive exhibit at the Peoria Riverfront Museum.